1.26.2010

To the doc we go!

So our first doctors appointment was today at 11:00. I really liked the doc. The whole office was really nice actually, the people, the place and everything. So we didn't quite know what to expect for our first appointment... "will we get an ultrasound?" "will we be able to hear the heart??" "will he tell us we need to be doing something differently?".
Well I definitely had to deal with something uncomfortable that I was NOT in any way thinking might happen. Apparently they need to do a swab. So out came the stirrups and down went the pants. Oh awkward! Thank goodness he said it was the only time it should be happening. But then I got to thinking that this guy is going to be delivering my child. He's gonna be doing/seeing a lot more later on... might as well get comfortable with him! haha.
But anyway as the appointment went on, he did a Q&A kind of thing for us. He answered any questions we had and brought up a few points that we missed asking about. Then he moved on to the exciting part. He said I should be far enough along that the heartbeat should be strong enough to hear! So right away I lay back and I'm really excited. But then he was moving the thing all over and couldn't find anything. "Oh crap!" was the first thing that went through my mind. "I know I'm pregnant, where is it????" "Did something happen to it???" Then... there it was!!
Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! The most emotional, amazing thing I've ever experienced in my life! I can't even begin to explain what it was like. The doctor said it sounded nice and strong. Everything is good and healthy so far! I'm getting more and more excited the more things happen. This just made it seem so much more real than I realized before. I mean, I knew I was pregnant, but there is something about hearing the heartbeat, or I'm sure seeing the ultrasound that makes it more amazing.
But anyway I'm kinda rambling now. My next appointment is in 4 weeks, then he said another 4 weeks after that we can find out what I'm having. Crazy!!!
Oh, and I meant to tell you... did I say I'm getting past the nausea?? Ya, apparently I'm not. Ugh, we can add one more puke fest (sorry, for the graffic phrase haha) to the tally. I've been getting nauseous later in the day. Evening sickness, instead of morning sickness. Oh the joys haha!

1 comment: