7.20.2010

37 Weeks... Full Term!

Wow, I'm 37 weeks. That is considered to be full term, even though there is still 3 weeks left until the actual due date. The baby is definitely dropping much more as the days go on. I think she might be anxious to come out or something. I am starting to get Braxton Hicks ('practice' contractions that prepare you and your body for the real deal) more and more often. I didn't mind them so much before, but as they are coming more often, they are getting much stronger. It doesn't hurt, but it definitely isn't comfortable.
Speaking of comfort... there's almost no such thing anymore. My favorite is sleeping. Laying on my side is getting old though too. I am so looking forward to the day I can lay on my stomach again lol. It's not always bad, but there are the days where I just want to be done with all of it.
So I went to the doctor again. I'm going in every week now. It's pretty crazy. Everything is going well still. He started checking the progress this time. It wasn't really a fun experience, but whatever. At least it didn't hurt for me. He said that the baby is really low, I'm 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced, and her head is a 0 station, and the cervix is very soft and ready for whenever she is. That's pretty good progress. So basically I could go into labor now and everything is ready. He seemed to think it would be this week almost. He was pretty excited. So he told me he'd see me again in a week unless I start having contractions 5 minutes apart (which is the sign that your about to have the baby and you need to go to the hospital). So I walked away thinking, "oh crap, she's coming within days!" And I was laughing in disbelief the whole way home. Seriously.
But after thinking about it now, I could stay like this for a week or more and have very little or no progress (or a whole lot). So I really still could have her on her due date. But then I think again and with all the Braxton Hicks contractions I've been getting, I still think that things are progressing and I won't be like that for very long. I think she'll come early. Too bad there really is no way to tell. I wish I knew the date she'll be coming for sure. It would make things so much easier haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment