7.29.2010

38 weeks


So here I am at 38 weeks and I went to the doctor. I go in expecting to hear some more fun news about progression. So he checks me and says the exact same thing as last time. "What??" Dang. That sucks. So I'm still 2 cm and 80%. I've been doing regular walks and everything too. So I don't know what else to try but to keep doing what we've been doing and hope that something changes soon. I've been having a lot of contractions too, so I don't know how there's no change. But whatever.
So today I go get a quick lunch and on my way back to work I have a contraction. So I look at the time and I figure they are usually aroun 15 to 20 minutes apart and really random, maybe only two or three in a row. Well the next one came about 8 minutes after the first! I was very surprised. I was really excited too. I didn't want to read too much into it because I knew it wasn't labor. But it went on for almost an hour of them being so close. I was really excited. They haven't ever been that close or regular. I'm thinking maybe that's where the progression is happening. They are getting more regular and ready for labor. And of course they help dilate and efface too.
So tomorrow is my last day of work. I'm so excited but sad at the same time. I'm excited because I don't necissarily have to wake up so early anymore haha, and because it means I'm that much closer. I'm sad because it's been nice to have something to do during the day that keeps me and my mind occupied. It's been a lot of fun working there, but I'm starting to move slower and lose my mind more often. I think it's time to be done for a little while. I'll need the time off to rest up for labor, and to get used to being a mom.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes the exam can set off labor. My sister went to her exam, was told she was another week or so away and went into labor while driving home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so good! You're teeny, the rest of your body looks the same except your belly. Hopefully she'll come soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look SOOO cute!!! I'm so excited for you! I hope she comes soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elise!
    I just found your blog address on your FB page. You look SO good! I wish I was that cute when I'm pregnant :)
    By the way, 2cm dilated is a VERY good start! I usually don't dilate at all, which makes labor even longer, so way to go!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think something is wrong with your countdown clock! Yesterday it said you only had 5 days left, today it says 6 ;)
    It's going the wrong direction. Never mind that she's 3 days old!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I haven't been on to my blog since that last post. It got a little busy having a baby... go figure ;). I'm hoping to get a new post up soon. But for now most of everything that's going on is on FB.

    ReplyDelete