3.05.2010

Hey Doc, how's my baby??

Just so you all know, I am very open. I have already talked about some slightly awkward things (to some people) and will continue to do so. In case you haven't caught on to that yet :) Just a fair warning. (And apparently I like to use the word 'so' a lot haha)
So we had our second appointment a couple weeks ago. The first thing that was different was that I was told I had to pee in a cup for a sample before every visit now. Of course they didn't tell me that before so I had no idea. And of course I had already went right before the appointment. So I told them I had nothing haha. They said well just see what you can do. Well, fine. So I go into the bathroom and see what I can do. Well I filled it up. One thing about being pregnant is that you can drink almost nothing, and ALWAYS have to pee lol!!! I was pretty proud of myself ;). I went back to sit down and they called me back right away. I went back and they got my weight, blood pressure and gave me a paper that the nurse said was a form for my first ultrasound! YES!!!!! AHHH!!! I was so excited!! Then she tells me I still should wait at least 3 weeks. Hah! Ya right! So she said the doctor will be in and explain more and leaves.
Right away the door flies open (yes flies open) and in struts the doctor. He starts talking immediately and I'm surprised at his entrance so I'm hardly following him. Then he starts rattling off my blood work and test results from the first visit. He says everything is good and normal. Then starts talking about my ultrasound. He said that he would really prefer if I waited until about a week before our next visit so that way the baby is developed enough, and they will have enough time to get the results to him. Then he right away said lets take a listen to the little one! I'm so excited to hear my baby again, I lay right back. He takes out his little device and puts it on my stomach, then... takes it right back off!! I was ticked! I heard the heart, but I wanted to really be able to listen. He said it still sounded good then said I'll see you in 4 weeks and walked out!
So needless to say I was pissed with this visit. I didn't know what to expect and he didn't explain anything. I was in there for 5 minutes and then was walking out. I was so surprised. And of course being already emotional from the past week (see post below) and being pregnant and even more emotional I got home and just started crying. I was so upset he wasn't nicer or that he didn't at least explain how the next appointments were going to go. So my mom called them and talked to them, since I couldn't. The nurse apologized and said that's how the next appointments are going to be for a while.
So now I know what to expect for my next appointment and I made the call for my ultrasound. I still have to wait another week. Oh, it's killing me!! I'm counting down the days haha.
OH!!! I almost forgot! I'm feeling the baby moving! I couldn't tell for a long time if it was the baby or if it was just gas bubbles or something. But everyone says they feel 'fluttering'. No, no. To me it feels like the baby is doing somersaults! It's cute to think of it that way too. It's like there is a little ball in there and it's just turning over and over. Interesting. But anyway... sorry for the uber long post. But like I said (I commented on my dad's post) I haven't been writing a lot and I needed to catch up. So there you have it.

4 comments:

  1. It's not fluttering in there, it's her dancing! :) Love you! Call me if you need someone to cry with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be so upset too that is terrible after waiting so long then they just push ya out of there. Knowing the mom of this little baby I bet the baby is just bouncing all around waiting to get out of that small space. The baby is just so excited to get out and make people happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just look on the bright side....you have an ultrasound in a week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man that is lame..I hate when doctors do that...I feel like thats what they do. Talk to you for like two seconds and are gone. While you have waited like an hour to see them and have to pay for the visit. Its just annoying :) Thats cool you can feel it!! YEA! I am glad Cookie called and made sure everything would be good next time.

    ReplyDelete