3.17.2010

Names and colors

Alright. So if I was having a boy I already had a color scheme and name picked out. But now that it is a girl I'm all thrown off. We have a few names that we really like, but we need more ideas so that we can find a first and middle name we both agree on and love. So if you have a name suggestion post it as a comment! So far my favorite names are Alice, Eden and Claire. Daniel hates Claire, and likes Eden more than Alice. We both agree on slightly unique or old classic names for girls. When we get somewhere in the third trimester we'll pick our top favorites and have a vote up for them so be on the lookout in a few months for it!
I was thinking of colors and all I could think of was the pink and brown that everyone is doing. There's so much of that around and it would be so easy to just have that be the colors for her. But I don't like it, and I think it's way overused. And if you know me at all, I don't like to go with what's in style or the trendy thing. So I started thinking "maybe I won't even use pink at all!" I was shocked at my own impulsive decision. So I went to the internet and looked up 'color schemes'. It pulled up exactly what I needed. I found an old love of mine... Pastel colors! Then I started looking around some more and saw a picture of a light green wall with pink stuff all over. I thought it looked so cute together I decided I might do pink and green pastels/anything pastel. I am still debating it a little bit, but I think I really like it.

6 comments:

  1. Haha, you know we have totally different tastes in things. I'm all for pink and brown so I'm no help in that department but you should put up some of the name ideas you are thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call Jessi. I just fixed the names thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say definitely steer away from pink if you can. Put your foot down! Everyone will know she's a girl even if there is NO pink. I think purple and green would be really pretty for a girl room. If it has white, too I think it will look more girly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I have told you this like a million times!!! I am so so excited this will be the 1st baby of our little group YAY!!! Jamie did Green and Yellow for Aidan because she was anti pink!!! I loved it I thought it was so cute!!! You could do pink green and yellow I think it would be adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You NEED pink Lisi. It's YOU!!! You need pink, and little dancers, and cute little GIRLY things. Brown isn't so much your thing, but pink is. You could do pink and white, pink and yellow, pink and green (which is so cute btw) etc. Just be little creative you! I am up for shopping or researching with you if you need another partner in crime. :)

    ReplyDelete