4.15.2010

Funny stories

Alright, so everyone has those embarrasing moments, pregnant or not. I think in some ways being pregnant makes some of those embarrasing moments easier to come by. For one, the gas and/or constipation issues or extreme opposite of. For two, you tend to lose your mind easier. For three, the constant pressure on your bladder. There's so many more that you could find something embarrasing to laugh about, but I now have a story about the last one...
Just yesterday the Young Men group came by to help clean up and trim up my mom's backyard. We were so grateful for them coming by because my dad usually did all of the yard work and we just didn't even know where to start. Well, this little girl really likes to hang out as low as she can, so needless to say my bladder gets squished A LOT. So in all the fun of watching the boys cut branches and trim bushes there was a lot of irritants that came out of that and into the air. I almost felt like I was getting allergies. The stuffy/runny nose, my eyes were itching a bit. Then, it happened... I felt a sneeze coming on. I'll just say I have always loved sneezing. I think it feels so good. Lately with a stretching stomach it feels a little better to bend over ever so slightly to sneeze or cough. So I did that, I sneezed... and peed my pants!!!! LOL!! I couldn't believe it! It really wasn't that bad because I didn't have much to lose haha. But oh my heck! I was so shocked, embarrased, and upset. Nothing like that has ever happened to me before. No one noticed anything, thank goodness. Except that since I'm sharing this anyway I don't think I'd really care if any one did.
So I told my mom after everyone had gone, and of course she laughed out loud. Then immediately said you need to work on Kegals! You should be able to stop midstream. I said, I DO and I CAN!!! That's why I was so surprised it happened! lol. I'm thinking from now on, I'll be more careful where I sneeze. Except today I did and I was just fine. It must have been a fluke moment for me or something.

Alright, so now that that one is over, here's a not so embarrasing story...
Daniel and I were up really late last night talking. Or at least late for us. It was around 12:30 that we finally fell asleep. She was moving around a little bit, about as much as I'm used to so far. Just a little bump here and there for a few minutes at a time, then she stops. Well around 11:00 she started moving a little bit more than what I'm used to. I knew she is a little bit of a night owl to begin with, but this was a little more than I've felt before. That may be just because I am usually asleep through it. So 11:30 rolls around and I lay down on one side and we're still talking. She starts kicking my side. I wasn't even leaning on my stomach in any way, it was seriously my side, like between my rib and hip. I've never felt her there before! It was the weirdest thing. So it actually got really distracting so I moved over to my other side so she would stop and we could still talk and not get interrupted. Well, she decided to kick the other side instead! I was like, seriously?? Usually if I move or switch like that she stops. She must have wanted in on the conversations too. So then she starts hitting this one spot, over and over. It felt like a nerve or something because it was making me twitch lol. It almost tickled. She was moving a lot, it's like she's trying to tickle me from the inside... the funny part is that it works sometimes! So that was getting distracting too, so I sit up again. And she still wouldn't stop! She was going crazy for at least 45 minutes. I've never felt her move so much, or so strong! It was so fun. Daniel was watching and feeling her move too and was just loving it. It's a lot of fun, unless I'm trying to fall asleep. I can't fall asleep if she's moving so much. It's just not a normal thing to fall asleep to haha. Finally I decided I was starving, so we came down to get a snack. After I ate, she stoped moiving and I was able to fall asleep. It was pretty funny.

2 comments:

  1. I thought I did a good amount of kegels, but I warn you, don't jump on a trampoline unless you feel completely in control :) I mean after the baby and probably shouldn't at all with her inside you :)

    ReplyDelete