4.07.2010

20 week pic!



So I realize it's been a long time since I've posted anything, I just didn't really know what to say. But a lot has happened since my last post. I went to the doctor two weeks after my ultrasound and was excited to see what he had to say about the pictures. When I got there he was a lot nicer to me and actually the first thing he said was "so I understand you've had a rough few weeks?" I realized that this was because of the last appointment when my mom called in and yelled at them haha. So I was kind of surprised that he said anything at all. So I just told him that ya, it's been a hard few months since my dad passed away, but I didn't want to start crying so I left it at that. I also came more prepared than usual, I came with questions written down. That was a good move because it saved annoyance and time for him, and annoyance and time for me too. We listened to the baby's heart as usual and he said it sounded great. It was so loud this time! I was surprised. Then he measured my stomach for the first time. I talked to him about all my questions and he was really good about answering them. Basically he said that everything is going just like it should. Then he said it was time to talk about the pictures! I was way excited. He said that everything they saw was great. I'm measuring right where I should be. He asked me if I found out the gender so he didn't spoil any surprise and I told him it is a girl. Then he said... "there is one thing that they found that they left a note about that they weren't sure about." And I freaked out. "WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BABY?!?!" I about screamed it. But instead, I somehow calmly asked him what they found. He said something in jibberish of course. You know, doctor lingo. So I asked him again what it was and he said they found a hypoechogenic spot on the heart. It's kind of hard to explain what it is or means, but basically it's the way the tissues and cartilage reflect the ultrasound waves. So he said that he was going to send me in to get another ultrasound done to double check everything. I was ready for like the next day, but he said two weeks. I was a little nervous about waiting if there was something wrong with her heart, but he said it's most likely nothing to worry about. I'm thinking of course he's going to say that. He said that he was going to send me to the place where they do high risk pregnancy ultrasounds because they are so well trained specifically for looking at fetal ultrasounds. So that kind of freaked me out too. Oh, great, there's something wrong with her heart and now I have to go in to the high risk place. Great. He tried to reassure me that it really probably is nothing to worry about, but he wanted a second oppinion just to be sure. So they got the appointment set up for me and of course I went and googled what hypoechogenic meant. It didn't really pull anything up. Now all I had left to do was wait.

1 comment:

  1. So what's going on then? When was this and when is the next one?? I hope everything is ok... Let me know!!

    ReplyDelete