6.09.2010

Glucose screen test

So this appointment they told me ahead of time I will need to be there for at least an hour. So I planned for an hour off of work and went in. They had told me I'd be drinking a very sweet drink so that they could test my sugar levels and blood counts and such. It's a routine test once you reach about 28 weeks.
Well I go in, and they do the usual. Then they tell me to drink something. I take a big gulp and realize very quickly it's incredibly nasty! It tasted like over sugared, over syruped, under carbonated orange soda. I'm not a fan of soda or orange flavored things to begin with. So I decided to finish it quickly instead of slowly. So I take two more big gulps and I'm done. Then she tells me I can't eat or drink anything but a little bit of water for at least an hour. I can go do whatever as long as I'm back within an hour so that it has time to work through my system and they will be able to draw my blood.
I left, came home, then went back and they drew my blood. They told me that I would get all my results at my next appointment unless they found something wrong. It really wasn't all that bad, except that the nasty drink was nasty and made me want to throw up for the first time in months.
So I haven't heard anything from them yet. I'm guessing that's a good sign. I'll have to see what the doc says at my next appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment